Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cannon T4I/650D... Same Camera... 2 Names...

What is it with Cannon?? I don't use one cause, well to be honest, I never liked the name. A camera that is named after a device designed for killing?? Could never get past that...

Anyway I digress, this is about the NEW offering from the Cannon stable. The T4I/650D (I think that depends if your in Australia/America). This is still a kinda Entry Level camera in the DSLR market (at $900 for body only). It carries an 18 MP Sensor, 3" Screen, 5 Frames per Second Shooting, and Full HD shooting in Video Mode.


Without getting my grubby hands on one to play with, it kinda looks pretty good on paper. It's about a Nikon D3200 comparison, but why compare? Well the Cannon probably has a better Video, but I think the Nikon might has a better chance in the Stills department.

So until I can get one of each to test out back to back (anyone can lend them to me ANYONE) for a day or two, I think the old photographers adage of "Cannon for Lens and Nikon for Body's" might still hold true. The layout of the the controls on the Nikon just looks nicer. Also the Cannon Flippy Turny Screen thing... I still don't get it. It's the first thing I can see a punter breaking, and I wonder how expensive it's going to be to replace! As a body only and a nice EF50mm f18 II lens, I can see a begginer making some very lovely shots. They might even get the EF 40mm f28 STM (I think it fits) for a more diverse range of shooting and video options. 



No comments:

Post a Comment