Sunday, May 20, 2012

My New Second Hand Nikon....

I popped into my "Real" job on Sunday and found a bunch of stuff had been delivered for me. The most important thing to find, my "NEW" Nikon F4 E 35mm film SLR.

Looks pretty much lie this one.

These were pretty much the BEES KNEES back in the 90's, and were discontinued in 97 (from memory). One of the greatest things is that all the SLR Nikon lenses will work on this camera even the VR lens (but you don't get the VR). So no VR but you get pretty much all the other features.

So why buy one?? Well If your finances don't stretch to the $6K plus for something like a D3 of D4, this is the closest thing us commoners will get to a full frame camera. Film is also making a resurgence! Film has a grain and tonal range, that I think, digital can never achieve. 

So as everything old is new again, try and get your hands on an older 35mm or 120mm film camera and get shooting. The difference is fantastic.

I will post a few pics out of the camera in a week or so.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment