Monday, October 15, 2012

Lensbaby Muse Trial..

Well I went and purchased a Lensbaby Muse the other day, and have been fiffing and faffing about with it for  like 3 days now.

flower_lensbaby

I have been using the f4 aperture disc, and think I might really need to get on the f5.6 just for a slight larger and sharper "sweet spot". I must admit though I am using the Plastic Optic so everything is a little more Dreamy and Soft, and feel the investment into the Double Glass will happen when I decide to use it for more Portrait work.

vines_lensbaby

There are many many wonderful little toys and experiments that can be done with this remarkable lens. I am also waiting for the Creative Aperture kit to arrive in Australia for even more fun.

My Thoughts thus far..

I'm still a little undecided on this. I need to head out and shot a lot more with it, just to get the feel and range of what this lens can achieve. I plan on doing a few more Street and City shots before I pass judgement, as anything I say now just wouldn't be fair. I think for landscape and cityscape style shots, the plastic optic offers an AMAZING chance to be extremely creative and offer an almost tilt shift feel to images. 

I will walk down to a few of the Highway Overpass's around my house over the next few days and see what images I'm able to produce. I will post my results over at my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment